If you ever need to hire a professional resume writer, there’s a high chance someone recommends one of the oldest resume writing services—ResumeWriters. The platform maintains its online reputation by employing eminent writers and providing the best services to its clients.
Does this make it the best writing service? What does it offer, and how much does it cost? We’ll discuss that in these ResumeWriters reviews to help you decide.
Pros & Cons
ResumeWriters has been helping job seekers in the US since 1999. The platform offers several options: student, professional, career change, military/civilian, tech/IT, and executive resume services. Additional services include creating LinkedIn profiles, CVs, and cover letters. There’s also a special offer for returning customers.
All the platform’s writers are members of the Professional Association of Resume Writers.
These professional resume writers strictly follow clients’ instructions and wishes, and many customers say that they got to the interview stage with the help of their CVs. In addition, ResumeWriters won the title of the Top Resume Maker Service in 2017.
Let’s see what this platform offers, how much it charges for its services, and what customers say.
Features and Materials
ResumeWriters offers several services for job seekers:
- Student resume services work well for people new to the job market. They include free consultations with qualified and experienced resume writers in one-on-one interactions that result in highly detailed resumes.
- Professional resume services work well for people who have enough work experience (more than two years). They include the same features as the student resume services.
- Executive resume services work well for experienced job seekers. They include the same features as mentioned above but go into more detail.
- Career change resume services work well for employees transitioning to a new career field. They help all kinds of professionals.
- Military-to-civilian resume services work well for military professionals who want to change careers and transition to civilian employment. The majority of writers in this sector have a military service background.
- Tech and IT resume services work well for the IT sector. IT resumes are highly technical; hence the special category for IT professionals.
- When it comes to ResumeWriters.com LinkedIn profile writing, this service helps you build your online persona (or brand) and presents you as an interesting and unique potential employee. Like with other services on this list, you’ll receive one-on-one sessions with professional writers with experience in your industry. Their job is to perfect your LinkedIn profile using the newest online designs and techniques.
- Curriculum vitae services help you organize your CV and refine it by highlighting important aspects like education, skills, experience, awards (if you have any), publications, fellowships, etc. Regardless of your application form (you can apply for a new job or a fellowship), writers will know how to help you create the best CV tailored solely for you.
- Cover letter services have the purpose of creating reusable cover letters that you can change accordingly (you just need to change information like company address, job position, etc.).
ResumeWriters.com Delivery Time
So you decide to try the services this platform offers and purchase one of the packages. Once you choose your writer and discuss your resume’s details and requirements, you’ll receive an email with the draft version as a Microsoft Word document in three days.
If you’re not satisfied with the resume or want to change something, you have two options:
- You can email the writer and ask for specific changes. The writer will make adjustments in a matter of hours.
- You can make the changes directly in the MSWord doc, so you won’t have trouble editing or printing it.
ResumeWriters.com deadlines include two options: 24 hours and 72 hours. The delivery is very flexible overall. You can receive your resume via email or ask them to mail it to your home address. It usually takes a few days to write and send to you.
If you ever get into a situation where you are required to submit your resume as soon as possible and don’t want to wait three days to get your resume delivered, you can use the ResumeWriters.com rush service. That means you’ll receive a finished resume within 24 hours. Moreover, you can add this service to the following packages: student, professional, executive, career change, tech/IT, and CV. However, if you want to use it, you’ll have to pay an additional fee.
This platform aims to send resumes to clients in whatever way they prefer, as fast as possible. Generally, it takes a few days for the resume to be written and sent to you, so if you’re running late, add this service to your package.
If you wonder about this platform’s quality, you can read many testimonials left by satisfied customers that confirm that ResumeWriters is a legit and, above all, useful service. You’ll get to work with professional writers who went through intensive training and apprenticeship programs.
To make sure you’ve made the right choice, you can talk to your writers about your resume and ask them to add or change some information you find essential or superfluous. The good thing is that you can modify your resume even after completion.
As for the proof of ResumeWriters.com efficiency, you’ll get a new resume for free if you don’t land a job interview in less than 60 days. If this happens, you can choose to work with the same or a different writer. It’s important to note that the company received only a handful of requests for rewrites in the last ten years.
When you think about the importance of the resume itself, you can’t help but wonder, “can a high price indicate the quality of service?” Is it better to choose a cheaper option or play safe and wager your money on a more expensive but well-established resume writing service? The choice is entirely up to you.
Is ResumeWriters.com Legit?
ResumeWriters has established itself as one of the oldest resume-writing services. All writers are members of the Professional Association of Resume Writers. These professional writers strictly follow clients’ instructions, and many customers say they managed to get to the interview stage with the help of their CVs. In 2008, Time Magazine called ResumeWriters “solid counseling on the resume front,” named the best resume service six years in a row.
Ease of Use
ResumeWriters’s website design is intuitive, and the website itself is easy to navigate, despite the short FAQ section. You can find a section about services, prices, and packages. On top of that, you can read numerous testimonials from satisfied clients and see resume samples.
Plans and Pricing
This platform’s services come at a slightly higher price than similar platforms (e.g., Resumes Planet or Paragon Resumes). But can the price determine the quality?
Prices for services on this platform can differ depending on your package. For example, the maximum amount of money you can spend on one service is $389.95 for a complete CV arsenal. The cheapest option will cost you $169.95.
In accordance with our ResumeWriters reviews, there are eight packages to choose from:
- The student resume package will cost you $169.95.
- The professional resume package is available for $199.95.
- For executive silver, gold, or platinum resume service, you’ll need to pay $299.95, $369.95, or $389.95, respectively.
- The military-to-civilian transition resume costs $169.95.
- You can get the unique career change resume for $249.95.
- A detailed IT resume costs $229.95.
- To get a professional LinkedIn profile, you’ll have to pay $199.95.
- You can have your CV written for $299.95.
The high service prices will probably make you wonder, “are resume writers worth it?” As we stated before, all writers are members of the Professional Association of Resume Writers, so it is no surprise you’ll get charged more (compared to other resume writing platforms).
Payment options include credit cards (Amex, Visa, Discover, or Mastercard) but not PayPal. When purchasing one of the packages, you can add different services to it. For example, if you order CV services, you can add a LinkedIn profile for $90 or a resume for $75.
ResumeWriters.com Promo Code
In addition to the standard prices of the packages, which rarely change, you can use a promo code to get discounts on some offers. Deals can start from the regular 20% off the initial price to a whopping 100% discount.
ResumeWriters has yet another feature that encourages you to send gifts to friends via its website. These gifts can be printed and sent to a home address, or you can simply send them to your friends via email. To purchase a ResumeWriters.com gift certificate, you need to select the dollar amount (the minimum amount is $25, and the maximum amount is $125). Soon after, you’ll receive an email with a gift certificate.
ResumeWriters offer frequent discounts for regular customers. You can apply for a code to get 50% off the next order if you purchased any of the services in the past. To get this code, you need to send the number of your previous order and a copy of your resume.
ResumeWriters.com returning customers discount is most profitable for people who have already purchased a resume from the website but have decided to change their career. They can get a 50% discount.
ResumeWriters guarantees that clients will get an interview in no more than 60 days. If not, the company offers to rewrite the resume. You’ll get a 50% discount as a returning customer, but rewriting isn’t free.
To qualify for the returning customers discount, you need to deliver the following:
- Your order’s number
- The writer’s name
- A copy of the resume you received
This superior resume writing service is expensive, but many customers feel the results justify the cost. BBB has given the platform an A+ rating. Customers love the easy-to-navigate website and the communication with writers. But what about ResumeWriters.com customer service?
Let’s talk about the good sides of this platform. The website is user-friendly and intuitive. You can easily access every feature and find any information related to offers. The company separates services into packages that allow you to pick the best option and place an order quickly. The shopping cart and checkout system are easy to navigate.
Most customers are satisfied with the design of the page and the features it offers, but according to some ResumeWriters.com reviews, the customer support system is not something the company can be proud of. There are two options to contact the team: via phone and email. It takes some time for agents to respond to emails, so if you’re in a hurry, you should use their toll-free phone number.
Keep in mind that agents are not always available. There is no live chat, and the FAQ section is pretty short. In their defense, they answer most of the questions on the website.
In addition to the slow customer service, there are a few imposing ResumeWriters.com complaints. While email interaction with writers is good, the platform doesn’t provide phone communication. Some people prefer communicating with their writers verbally, so the lack of this option is certainly a disadvantage.
The other complaints people have are the lack of federal resumes, insufficient information about payment methods, and high service prices. This brings us to the next section we’ll talk about—the pros and cons of this platform.
ResumeWriters.com Pros and Cons
We discussed pricing, packages, and writers working for this resume writing service. Furthermore, we mentioned the returning customers’ discounts and writers’ quality and efficiency. But as we know, with every good thing comes a bad thing. Let’s start with the pros.
- Qualified and certified writers (they are members of the Professional Association of Resume Writers).
- One-on-one interaction with the writer (via email).
- User-friendly website (you can easily access every feature and find any information related to services).
- Numerous ResumeWriters.com reviews talk about the unique resume services of this platform (like tech and IT, military-to-civilian, and career change).
- 50% discount for returning customers (you can apply for a code to get 50% off the next order if you purchased any of the services in the past).
- Interview guarantee (if you don’t get a job interview in less than 60 days, you’ll get a new resume for free).
- You can’t find detailed information about the payment methods on the website.
- The FAQ section lacks depth.
- The prices of services are high.
- The company doesn’t offer many federal resume-writing services.
- You can communicate with writers only via email (no verbal interaction).
Crafty Resumes offers a similar range of services but not the same amount of diversification. Craft Resumes offers Skype sessions with writers and coaching sessions. If this seems more like something that will interest you, check our in-depth Craft Resumes Review for more details.
Indeed Resume Builder
Indeed Resume Builder offers a free CV and a low-cost paid plan if your budget doesn’t stretch to these prices. It doesn’t have the same features, and you have to work using templates, but it’s an option. See our Indeed Resume Builder for more information.
The Final Verdict
We hope we managed to clear up any doubts by doing these ResumeWriters reviews and helping you choose the best platform. In this fast and competitive world, it’s vital to have a head start when trying to get the job of your dreams. The journey starts with your resume, and the right one can open many doors.
Picking a professional service provider to help you build your professional persona is not something you should take lightly. Firstly, you need to read as many reviews as possible about the platform you plan to use. Secondly, you must compare the features, pricing, cons, and pros. Lastly, you need to choose the platform that suits you financially and professionally.