At WhatToBecome, we are very serious about online privacy, and we understand that it is quite important to the users of WhatToBecome (“website”), even more so when it comes to data collection.
1. Information We Collect
We are collecting information that is personally identifiable for both authorized customers and visitors alike.
“Personally identifiable information” refers to all of the information and data pieces that could potentially be used to identify, locate, or contact the owner of that information, which includes (but is not limited to) name, phone number, address, email address, fax number, credit card info, and tax ID.
- Personal information refers to your first name, last name, email address, contact number, company name, and any additional information about you or the company you represent, which you freely provide us when using our services.
You have the right to change your account or delete parts or all your basic personal information. You have the full freedom to decide on the information that you provide. However, if you provide correct profile information, it will help you get the most out of the services we provide.
- If you decide to participate in our research processes, we may collect any personal information you provide.
- If you decide to submit a review, we may collect some of your personal information. However, the information will only be used internally and will never be disclosed publicly.
- To be eligible to use any of our paid services, we will have to ask you to provide specific financial information (for example – your bank account details or credit card information) to execute the payment process.
- WhatToBecome may collect any information in regards to your payment transactions made through one of our services, such as, but not limited to the type of payment option used, total payment amount, total tax amount, and any other details related to transactions.
- Our services also include customer support inquiry where you may ask any question related to the services we provide. When using our customer support, you might be prompted to provide us with your contact information, as well as the summary of the issue or any other information which would assist us in resolving the problem.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
The information we may collect from your visit to WhatToBecome.com is obtained for one of the following reasons:
- To confirm you created an account on our website.
- To confirm and authenticate information or identification that was provided by you.
- To provide you with access to our paid services.
- For risk assessment and security investigation purposes.
- To comply with any legal requirements and obligations.
- To ensure all payment policies we support are being enforced.
- To deliver content that is customized in accordance with your preferences.
- For sending occasional promotional materials, such as promotional emails or newsletters, with your consent. We would send these only if you subscribe to the service. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To administer the website, analyze trends, track user movement on the website, and gather broad general information on visitors’ demographics.
- To help fix issues such as data crashes and logs, as well as to communicate with you.
- To respond to the service requests on the website. We reserve the right to use personally identifiable information to establish communication lines with both visitors and authorized customers alike, as a response to their specific inquiries, to provide requested account support, or to provide any requested information.
3. Sharing the Information We Collect
Any information we collect might be shared, but only if the following circumstances occur:
- To adhere and comply with any legal and regulatory laws.
- To identify and protect from fraud, abuse, spam, security matters, and other harmful activities.
- For risk assessments or security investigations.
- To allow third-party vendors to use the features and services of our website. However, we vouch that we will never sell your personal information to any third-party vendors.
- To protect and guard the rights, safety, and property of our website and services we provide.
- To show real, valid reviews and testimonials (if they are not submitted anonymously). Those testimonials may contain your name, title, company name, and any other personal information that you have freely provided.
4. Third-Party Service Providers
- Analytics Providers
Our website also includes links from third-party providers. However, we are not responsible for the content featured on the links. Our security policies do not apply to these links.
5. How Do We Keep Personally Identifiable Information Secure?
We are using the latest security features and protocols to detect and prevent anyone who tries to access your personal information without proper authorization. We audit our security systems on a regular basis and perform regular maintenance checks to be proactive about potential threats. We use the latest security features available.
However, even though we do everything in our power to maintain a high level of security, websites, databases, and electronic communication platforms are subject to tampering, errors, and break-ins. Because of that, we can’t guarantee that those events will never happen and we will not be held liable in case such an event occurs.
6. Your Rights
If you have an active account on our website, we will require your data for continuous operation of your account. That being said, you have the right to modify, restrict, or even prohibit the processing of any piece of your personal information by contacting us on [email protected]
- You can always get valid information related to your personal information – how we obtained it as well as the reasons behind storing and processing that data.
- You can change your personal information we have on file for your account.
- You may ask us not to process your personal information in a case where that processing is based on legitimate interest. If you decide to do so, we will stop processing your personal information for those purposes. The only exception is if we can showcase legitimate reasons for processing it, or if the said processing is mandatory for the enforcement or defense of legal rules and claims.
- You have the right to require from us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
We may ask you to provide additional information for the purposes of confirming your identity before we disclose any personal information you requested.
We will do everything within our power to honor the request you made or let you know if we need any additional information to fulfill that request.
However, we may not always be able to fully respond to your request, in case of any legal entitlements. If that’s the case, we would search for a different way to fulfill your request.
7. Data Retention and Deletion
- We have a mechanism that enables the users of our website and services to delete/deactivate personally identifiable information from our database by contacting [email protected] Because of law regulations – business tax law, to be specific, and because of backup logs and deletion records, it may prove to be impossible to delete a user’s entry without obtaining some proof of residual information.
- Any individual that requests to have personally identifiable information deactivated will, in essence, have this information functionally deleted. We will not use, transfer, or sell that information which is related to that specific individual in any way moving onwards from that point.
- We reserve the right to retain some pieces of your personal information within a period of seven years, in accordance with applicable legislation. We will do that only if it’s necessary for any of our legitimate business interests, which can be (but is not limited to) enhancing safety, legal obligations, or fraud detection.
8. Our Policy Towards Children
Any of our services are not made and directed to any individuals under the age of 18. We will never knowingly obtain information for individuals under the age of 18. If we, at any point, find out that we collected any personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will immediately delete that information.