Before delving into this Masterclass review, ask yourself how many times have you had the opportunity to be at a birthday party where one of your friends performed a magic trick and amazed everyone present?
Maybe you thought to yourself, “God, where did he learn to do that?” or perhaps, when you go for a game of basketball on a Wednesday night and notice that one of your friends is playing better than usual?
What if this friend keeps scoring all the time? How many times have you wished you had more time to work on your hobbies?
In the rare case you haven’t heard about Masterclass, this company has been around for years and is quickly becoming one of the leading companies in the field of e-learning.
In other words, Masterclass enables you to improve your existing skills and hobbies, as well as acquire new ones online. Here’s everything you need to know about this reputable company.
Masterclass Review - Pricing Plans
What is Masterclass?
Masterclass is an online learning platform developed by Aron Rasmussen and David Rogier. They started their Masterclass business based in San Francisco back in 2015.
What Are the Most Popular Masterclass Courses?
After having a glimpse of what the company has to offer, let’s take a closer look at the best masterclasses, as well as what other users think of them.
- Daniel Negreanu – In this Masterclass, the famous poker player teaches you how to think like a professional. You’ll learn more about poker math and game theory. The highlight of this lesson includes Daniel teaching how to figure out when someone Is bluffing and how to bluff them, according to a Daniel Negreanu Masterclass review.
As a result of taking this course, many users claim that their relationship with their husbands/wives were never the same.
- James Patterson – If you happen to be a passionate writer, you probably know about the amount of wisdom and inspiration that you can derive from the world’s best-selling author. According to James Patterson Masterclass reviews, many of those who watched this course are now passionate when it comes to writing
- Margaret Atwood – If you watched James Patterson’s online course on writing, you probably have continued on with that of Margaret Atwood. This course is somewhat similar to James’s, however, the highlight in this Masterclass is creative writing. Many of the users across various Margaret Atwood Masterclass reviews pointed out the significance of the multiple examples Margaret shares with the audience
- Gordon Ramsay – Would it be too presumptuous to assume you got a little hungry after writing classes? In his Masterclass lesson, famous chef Gordon Ramsay shares some cooking secrets with you by starting out with some kitchen basics. According to numerous Masterclass Gordon Ramsay reviews, most attendees point out that their meals are much tastier after watching his video.
- Hot Yoga – After cooking delicious meals, a little bit of stretching helps reduce stress and tension. Many users state how they managed to improve their focus, attention, and concentration in similar Hot Yoga Masterclass reviews.
- Aaron Sorkin – The writer of “Steve Jobs,” “A Few Good Men,” “The Social Network,” and many more popular dramas gives you insightful, yet funny and informal lessons on screenwriting in this class. Although many users would agree they have plenty of drama in their lives as it is, many of them unanimously concurred in their Masterclass Aaron Sorkin Reviews that there’s room for just a bit more.
- Self-Publishing Masterclass – After watching the courses by Aaron Sorkin, Margaret Atwood, and James Patterson, it’s no wonder you feel like writing a book of your own that you’d like to publish. Taking this course will enable you to find out how lucky many others were, thanks to Self-Publishing Masterclass reviews.
- Garry Kasparov – This Masterclass lets you learn more about the chess game with an absolute legend. This course is more for intermediate chess game players than beginners, but you’ll still enjoy every single minute. Many users who posted countless Masterclass Chess reviews agreed that Kasparov successfully passed on his passion for this game to millions.
The fact of the matter is that one could spend days describing all the details of Masterclass courses. Regardless, it’s important to mention that in addition to the above courses, you may also be interested in the following:
- Photography masterclass
- Makeup masterclass
- Music masterclass
- Business masterclass
How Long is Each Masterclass Course?
The courses on this platform last from 2 and 5 hours. In an attempt to provide its students with the best possible Masterclass experience, these courses are divided into several lessons.
The lessons are usually between 5 and 25 minutes long. Additionally, according to the Masterclass All-Access Pass review, the best thing about this is the possibility to go through all the lessons available at your own pace.
Does Masterclass Give Certificates?
No, Masterclass doesn’t give certificates. Upon finishing a lesson, the student will receive an email that congratulates them on the completion of a course. In addition, they will receive some tips on how to use the website to continue their study.
Masterclass Reviews – Let’s Compare
If you’re looking to understand the actual value of this platform, the best way to do so is by comparing it with similar and equally popular platforms.
This way, you’ll be able to gain an insight into what this platform truly stands for, as well as where its real value truly lies.
Masterclass vs the Great Courses
As mentioned before, when speaking about Masterclass, one could say it is an online course platform. On the other hand, The Great Courses is a popular educational software tool and as such, is probably more comparable to Google or Urban Dictionary.
However, both Masterclass and The Great Courses are highly recognizable brands with one crucial difference —the Great Courses offer way more promotions and discounts, unlike Masterclass.
Masterclass vs CreativeLive
When comparing these two platforms, on the one side, Creativelive offers more discounts and promotions, as well as free return policies and international shipping policies.
Unfortunately, Masterclass does not provide any of these conveniences.
However, on the other hand, Masterclass does seem to be a more recognizable brand with a higher average grade by users that stands at 4 out of 5 stars.
Additionally, Masterclass’ website security and privacy policies seem to be on a slightly higher level than that of the Creativelive platform.
Masterclass vs Udemy
Masterclass and Udemy both offer online educational courses. While both may seem similar at first glance, there are some differences.
The primary difference is the price. With Udemy, the prices of individual courses and bundles seem more affordable than Masterclass.
However, do keep in mind that you can have an all-access pass to all Masterclass courses with just a single payment.
The next noticeable difference between the two is in mentors. Masterclass mentors are mostly famous stars and public personalities, not to mention that you can’t find any of the Masterclass lessons anywhere else except on its platform.
Udemy courses, however, exist on different websites and platforms across the web.
Plans and Pricing
When talking about Masterclass pricing, it’s notable that the annual Masterclass All-Access cost is $180. This feature means that you’ll have access to all existing classes, with the addition of new ones as soon as they are released.
This membership also includes access to all TV and mobile apps, high definition videos, and downloadable class workbooks. At the same time, you can also buy a single class for the price of $90.
Thanks to the Masterclass 30-day guarantee, if you have any objections whatsoever, you can ask for a refund of your initial investment.
At the same time, if you’re on a tight budget, it’s good to know that with just a straightforward internet search, you can benefit from the many Masterclass discounts available online — many of which can save you up to 30%.
As part of the “Today’s the day” campaign, you can get 24 hours of the Masterclass Free Trial applicable to all classes. All you need to do is go to the website and then click the “Get Started” button and sign up.
If you have purchased the All-Access Pass within the last 30 days, you’ll be eligible for a refund. If, for any reason you’re not feeling satisfied with your purchase, you can ask for a refund with the following details:
- Email address
- Transaction ID number
- Name of the class you’d like refunded
- If you purchased the class through PayPal, leave the email address associated with your PayPal account
When it comes to user experiences, the vast majority of course attendees characterize their experience as excellent. More precisely, and according to the data from numerous Masterclass reviews, 80% of users state their Masterclass experience was either good or exceptional. With this level of satisfaction, it’s no wonder the average rating of the company by users is 4.3 out of 5 at the moment.
Many users express satisfaction when learning something from big names, who are proven in their professions. Apart from that, excellent Masterclass satisfaction, as evident from various social network posts, exists as a result of the lessons that boast superb production and a great structure.
Following the latest reactions from users, such as Steve Martin Masterclass Reviews, reveal that this Masterclass is currently one of the most popular courses on the platform. Many users state that the reason behind its popularity was the opportunity to absorb the first-hand experience from a famous comedian.
More to the point of having well-structured classes, most users expressed that it wasn’t just about consuming the knowledge from this great comedian; Steve Martin’s class meant more to users in terms of motivation, which they consider priceless.
Masterclass Pros and Cons
All educational platforms, much like this one, have their pros and cons. Both the benefits and disadvantages depend on personal preferences.
According to online Masterclass reviews, here are what most users consider to be the best and not-so-great things about this e-learning platform:
Masterclass Review Value for Money – Final Verdict
The fact of the matter is that this platform offers access to many secrets of success by world-famous stars and successful people from various professions.
Simultaneously, the entire Masterclass experience can be yours for only $180. That said, it’s evident that this platform is worth every dollar.
When you also consider the positive experiences of thousands of users thanks to countless online reviews, it is safe to say that Masterclass deserves a chance. Still not convinced?
The platform even has a Masterclass for directors course available, proving yet again how detailed the structure of the classes is on this platform.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Masterclass worth it?
The short answer to this question is – yes, Masterclass is worth it. The longer answer would be that this platform offers knowledge, lessons, and tips from globally famous individuals that have been using this knowledge for decades. In other words, Masterclass courses don’t provide theory; these courses offer actual, practical, and usable experience and lessons.
Additionally, Masterclass is very simple, straightforward, and brimming with ease of use, all of which further demonstrates just how effective and rightfully deserving of popularity this platform is.
Does Masterclass give certificates?
Unfortunately, Masterclass does not provide certificates upon the completion of its courses.
After finishing a class or lesson on the platform, you’ll be privy to a congratulatory email, as well as additional tips on how best to use the Masterclass platform to continue expanding your academic or professional knowledge.
How long is each masterclass course?
The length of Masterclass courses ranges between 2 and 5 hours, but don’t worry – you won’t have to go through courses in one continuous session.
Instead, the Masterclass team has divided each class into several lessons, each of which is between 5 and 25 minutes.
By applying this solution when it comes to the length of its courses, Masterclass has allowed users to adopt knowledge at their own pace and leisure.
Additionally, you can also opt to purchase the Masterclass All-Access Pass, which for a one-time fee, grants you unlimited access to all of the lessons on the platform.
Considering everything mentioned above, it’s no surprise that a Masterclass review is so coveted online.