What makes GoSkills different from other training platforms, and should you choose this online service? What does it offer, and how is it different from its competitors? We prepared these in-depth GoSkills reviews for you to provide the best answers to all your questions.
GoSkills is an online educational platform that creates high-quality training video courses. It’s built for job seekers looking to improve their skills and employees who want to train their staff.
Go skills was founded in 2013. Its primary goal is to incorporate programs for learning and development into their courses, mainly Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Project Management, Soft Skills, Design, Finance, Development, Productivity, and Lean Six Sigma Courses.
GoSkills Product Details
GoSkills is a responsive platform that allows you to watch tutorials on your laptop, tablet, or mobile. What’s more, you can track your goals or students’ attendance. If you work with a team, you can monitor their progress or enhance the training programs (by adding quizzes).
This training platform offers a free library containing award-winning courses and optional upgrades and features. Furthermore, GoSkills free trial will help you decide if this platform is the right choice for you or your business.
GoSkills has a unique feature called personalized course syllabi. This system can identify and analyze the flaws in your work (or skills), based on your prior talents and experience. This is done through placement tests. These tests can help you (or your team) focus on these flaws and learn how to overcome them.
It’s a unique feature that can be helpful to many entrepreneurs.
GoSkills Online Training Courses for Business
GoSkills has over 70 video courses that are frequently updated with relevant resource materials. You can find Scrum and Advanced Microsoft Excel classes, alongside popular courses like Business Writing, and Leadership Training.
GoSkills is unique because of its personalized learning approach. In other words, GoSkills will identify your flaws and show you the areas you’ll need to focus on more.
Some of the GoSkills courses you can take are related to finance, project management, and design. However, the list doesn’t end there. GoSkills provide multiple Microsoft Excel, Adobe, Evernote, Trello, Google Drive, and LeanSixSigma learning courses.
The most popular courses on GoSkills are Basic and Advanced Excel training courses, Project Management training, and Photoshop for beginners. Let’s go into more detail.
GoSkills Excel Review
Microsoft Excel is the most used program in the business world, and unmistakably one of the essential tools that many industries use. It’s commonly used in administration, accounting, real estate, sales, marketing, etc.
GoSkills offers Basic and Advanced Excel training courses. These classes are suitable for anyone who wants to learn Excel, with or without previous experience. By the end of the course, you will be rewarded with Excel certification (that you can add to your resume).
On top of video tutorials, the courses include downloadable files, various solutions, a reference guide, and a quiz for each lesson.
Several GoSkills Excel reviews mention the compatibility mode. Strictly speaking, every course on GoSkills is compatible with Microsoft 365, Excel for Windows 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Mac.
Take into consideration that older versions of Excel (released before 2010) can have a different interface. For better learning experience, use new versions of this software.
Each lesson is 3–6 minutes long. In addition to video tutorials, as mentioned before, you’ll get exercises for practice, a quiz, and a reference guide.
There are 52 lessons with a duration of 4 hours and 41 minutes. Roughly speaking, if you spend about 30 minutes per lesson, it will take you, more or less, about 26 hours to complete the course.
According to numerous GoSkills Reviews, this is what you’ll learn if you buy the Excel training course:
- How to use Excel.
- How to boost productivity.
- How to navigate the interface.
- How to use mathematical functions.
- How to use VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH functions;
- Sorting and filtering your data can be useful when you need to find important information. Excel training course will help you organize and learn how to use all the helpful features.
- How to make and edit charts.
- Creating pivot tables may seem like quantum physics if you don’t know your way around them. Learn how to create and format these tables.
- If you want to automate repetitive tasks, you’ll need to learn how to record a macro.
GoSkills Excel Certification Review
GoSkills provides certificates for all courses. They can be downloaded from the website in PDF format, printed, or added manually to your resume (or LinkedIn profile). The best way to get certified is to take an Excel course.
You can choose any course you like for every skill level, from beginners and advanced learners to professional data analysts. The courses are conducted by “Excel guru” Ken Puls.
How long does it take to complete the course? It’s entirely up to you. You can complete the courses at your own pace. The final result and the reward for your work is a Certificate of Achievement or Certificate of Training, accredited by the Continuing Professional Development Certification Service.
In a nutshell, this certificate will meet all the industry standards.
GoSkills Project Management Review
If you’re a project manager, a business owner, or a beginner, this course is something you might want to try. The class is divided into 15 lessons and lasts 1 hour and 14 minutes.
When starting from scratch, the best Project Management class is “Project Management for Experts.” You’ll learn everything you need, from beginner to advanced mode. On the other hand, if you already have experience in project management, try the courses for team members, business professionals, or engineers.
The professional project managers preparing for the PMP Exam should partake in the PMP Certification Training.
GoSkills project management training helps you:
- Learn the skills that are in high demand, with the help of expert project management courses and professional instructors.
- This training will help you become a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP). Moreover, you can start with an introductory course and level up.
- This training will help you earn PDUs.
- You’ll get regularly updated content, along with downloadable resources and quizzes you can access at your own pace.
- The training will help you gain practical skills. You’ll learn how to manage projects from start to finish and improve your abilities.
- You’ll learn how to finish projects on time and on a budget.
GoSkills Photoshop Review
If you are new to Photoshop or want to work on your skills to become a Photoshop master, this online course will give you a solid foundation. You can choose from two courses: Photoshop for beginners and Photoshop for advanced users.
The classes are divided into 58 lessons that will help you learn the basic techniques, like layer masks, removing backgrounds, creating custom shapes, using tools like magic wand, and quick selection, etc.
All video tutorials are recorded in Adobe Photoshop CS5 and CS6 version. To get the best experience, use one of these versions.
GoSkills Photoshop for beginners module includes:
- Magic Wand vs. Quick Selection (learn how to use these essential tools for separating objects, people, or horizons from an image)
- Birds Eye View (learn how to jump from one part of the image to another)
- Removing Backgrounds (learn how to remove background from any image)
- Shape Strokes (learn how to add and control the line outside the shape)
- History States (this panel lets you take more steps back)
- Layer Groups (learn how to save time by grouping a set of layers and adding the layer styles to the group)
- Clipping Masks vs. Layer Masks (learn the difference between the two techniques)
Advanced Photoshop module includes:
- Advanced photo editing
- Incorporating animation and video
- Using 3D
- Working with various text effects
- Learning about design
- Learning how to use Lightroom
GoSkills User Experience
The website is easy to navigate and users often compliment its intuitive design. You can view the content of the courses through video tutorials, transcripts, and quizzes. The classes can be watched via computer and other devices like tablets and mobile phones. Take notice, there are no specialized mobile apps, you can watch the classes on any browser.
Users find the classes, and all the additional features, fun and enjoyable.
GoSkills offers various pricing packages to different users. Compared to its competitors, GoSkills is more expensive, and users need to pay extra to get access to some of the best courses on this platform.
GoSkills starting price is $39 per month or $299 per year if you pay in advance (saving $169). The pricing makes this platform more expensive than its competitors like Edloomio, Tutor, or RomyLMS, but it offers useful benefits.
What you get:
- All lessons are free to watch.
- You’ll get access to every video tutorial and transcripts of the classes.
- You’ll get access to downloadable material.
- Unlimited number of quizzes, i.e., knowledge tests.
- You’ll get a Microsoft Office application.
- When you finish the classes on GoSkills, you’ll receive a certificate. You can download it from the website (in PDF format) and add it to your resume.
The platform has excellent feedback. According to dozens of GoSkills customer reviews, it has a rating of 8.6 on US-Reviews. GoSkills is more expensive than its competitors. Nevertheless, people are satisfied with the services and training programs.
When it comes to customer support, it can be contacted via email, phone, and Skype. There’s a useful Frequently Asked Questions section. You can find answers to every important question regarding courses, certification, apps, codes, etc.
GoSkills Pricing Plans
GoSkills Refund Policy
You won’t get your money back if you opt for anything less than a whole term. However, If you’re an EU citizen, you have that option. You can apply for a refund within 14 days. Still, only customers who used Reed UK to pay for a class can ask for a refund. To get a full refund, you’ll need to wait for about 30 days. You can’t get a refund if you already accessed the materials.
GoSkills Online Ratings
The platform has excellent feedback. According to dozens of GoSkills customer reviews, it has a rating of 8.6 on US-Reviews, despite being a platform more expensive than its competitors. Nevertheless, people are satisfied with the services and training programs.
When it comes to customer support, you can contact them via email, phone, and Skype. There’s a useful Frequently Asked Questions section. You can find answers to every important question regarding courses, certification, apps, codes, etc.
This platform received many awards, including the gold and silver Brandon Hall Group award. Capterra gave it 4.8 out of 5 stars, and in 2019, EdTech Digest nominated it for the best corporate training solution.
GoSkills Pros and Cons
- You can choose from a large selection of courses (from beginner to expert).
- Lectures are short and straightforward (4–8 minutes).
- Class hours are very flexible.
- The material is explained with the help of videos, tutorials, exercises, quizzes, and step-by-step guidelines.
- Courses are affordable.
- The certificate will not automatically be added to your LinkedIn, you have to add it manually.
- Subtitles have few typos.
- The platform lacks additional practice questions.
- The final exam doesn’t include new questions (the questions are repetitive).
We hope our extensive GoSkills reviews helped you gain insight into the advantages and disadvantages of this online platform.
GoSkills is a learning platform that offers valuable, fun, understandable, and easy to follow courses. For an affordable price, you can get access to 70 video courses that are frequently updated, so that you don’t miss out on any relevant course materials.
GoSkills has a responsive design, and it allows you to watch tutorials on your laptop, tablet, or mobile. If you are trying to improve your skills for a new job, the GoSkills certificate could be a nice addition to your resume.
Frequently Asked Questions About GoSkills
Who is GoSkills good for?
GoSkills is an online learning platform that aims to produce high-quality training courses, packed in short and useful video tutorials. This platform helps job seekers learn more about the business, in addition to learning new or upgrading existing skills.
On top of that, employees can use this platform for staff training. If you’re a member, you’ll get access to free courses, video templates, downloadable files, solutions, reference guides, training certificates, etc. You can use these features to train your team and grade their accomplishments.
Is GoSkills accredited?
GoSkills is approved by the Continuing Professional Development Certification Service (CPD UK), International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), and Project Management Institute (PMI). The IASSC licensed all GoSkills Lean Six Sigma courses (Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt, Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt).
When you finish the courses on GoSkills, you’ll be rewarded with printable and digital certificates of completion. All courses are accredited by the CPD UK, meaning they meet all the industry guidelines, and you can add them to your resumes.
Does GoSkills provide certificates?
GoSkills provides certificates for all courses. They can be downloaded from the website in PDF format, printed, and added to a resume (you’ll have to add your certificate manually on LinkedIn).
You can get certificates for every skill level: beginners, advanced learners, and professional data analysts.