As you’ll see in our Blueprint Prep review, the company can make even the most boring topics fun and exciting. The platform prepares students for Medical and Law schools. Its LSAT and MCAT prep courses are regarded among the best of this type.
Blueprint Prep was established back in 2005, and today, it’s one of the largest prep organizations in the country. It employs the most qualified tutors and provides 200 scholarships annually for LSAT and MCAT test prep.
The company is located in Los Angeles, California, but it offers many online-based courses.
Monthly – $299
3-Months – $799
6-Months – $1,199
12-Months – $1,599
5-Months – $1,499
Crash Course – $2,599
Comprehensive – $3,699
Intensive – $5,749
Crash Course – $3,999
Comprehensive – $5,999
Intensive – $9,999
Single Section – $2,199
Exam Overview – $3,799
In-Depth Review – $5,249
Hourly – $225/hour (minimum 4 hours)
6-Months – $2,599
9-Months – $3,199
12-Months – $3,499
6-Months – $1,999
9-Months – $2,399
12-Months – $2,699
Essential Plan Core – $3,399
Comprehensive Plan – $4,249
Intensive Review – $6,249
Essential Plan Premium – $4,399
Comprehensive Plan Premium – $6,449
Intensive Review Premium – $10,199
Single Section – $2,649
Exam Overview – $4,999
In-Depth Review – $7,599
4 Practice Exams – $149
6 Practice Exams – $199
10 Practice Exams – $299
10 Practice Exams + QBank – $399
Med School Courses
Cram Fighter Study Planner
Med School Tutors
Monthly Recurring Plan – $29/month
6 Month of Access – $119
1 Year of Access – $149
Contact customer support for a quote
Check Rosh Review for more information
Flat hourly rate is $259
*2% to 5% discount depending on the number of purchased hours
Features, Courses, and Materials
In this Blueprint Prep review, we’ll focus on all its features, benefits, and how it compares to the alternatives in the industry.
The company’s main competitive advantage is that it makes all the lessons fun. Its tutors rely on colorful digital content to transfer knowledge to the students. Blueprint’s classes focus on lively interactive solutions involving exercises and humor.
Blueprint LSAT Prep
LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test. The classes prepare students for admission exams, helping them get into the desired school. Blueprint has one of the top six prep courses in the US.
Among the different benefits, the customized study plans and the total of 85 study exams are excellent features. Students can choose among three Blueprint LSAT course types:
- Self-Paced Course — This is ideal for users who can’t adjust their schedule to the Live Course timetable. It’s the only online LSAT course with a personalized study plan in the US. The information is presented in a fun, entertaining way, helping you focus as you go through the curriculum.
- Live Course — These BluePrint Prep classes have a strict timetable, but you can reschedule if necessary. Two top-tier LSAT mentors lead the prep, and you can choose between live sessions and online courses. You’ll access 300+ hours of video material, over 9,000 LSAT questions, and 37 hours of lessons.
- Tutoring — This is the most expensive option, but it’s what makes Blueprint law prep stand out. You’ll be taught by some of the best legal experts, who will help you get a test score above 170. Students choose among Core, Premium, or Supplemental Packages. So, there are a lot of options and flexibility.
Blueprint MCAT Prep
MCAT is an acronym for Medical College Admission Test. Like the LSAT courses, the medical lessons’ quality ranks very high. The available classes are very engaging and cover all questions that might pop up on the admission exam.
Blueprint MCAT prep reviews state that you can choose from a few excellent course categories:
- Live Online — These classes are held in real-time via the Internet. Users have full access to analytics tools to help them track progress. You’ll have 16 lessons lasting 2.5 hours through which you’ll cover all the important areas of the exam.
- Online Courses — Online courses are tailor-made for students with busy schedules. They help you test out things you already know and focus on problematic areas. As Blueprint Prep’s MCAT mock exams are the most representative of the AAMC, you shouldn’t encounter any surprises on the test day.
- Tutoring — This program is one of the best on the market. The one-on-one approach is ideal if you wish to maximize the results. You’ll have access to MCAT review books and a list of answers with full explanations. Blueprint Prep books are written by the people who created these courses.
- Exams — The company’s practice exams are an excellent way to prevent surprises during the real thing. By doing a few tests, you can estimate your final score. Each bundle includes many great features, but the number of tests differs. You’ll have access for six months and five test attempts, whichever you choose.
Blueprint Med School
These Blueprint preparation courses are for students who have already enrolled in a medical school. The lessons should help with exams, residency applications, and career guidance. Four types of services are available:
- Cram Fighter Study Planner — That’s a great tool that helps you plan workdays and free time for studying. With it, you can create an efficient schedule, listing all lessons you’ll cover on a particular day. It saves you time and unnecessary stress.
- Med School Tutors — Blueprint’s assistance with exams, coursework, board certification, and anything else you might need is among the best in the field. Elite medical professionals with average scores of 250+ on USMLE, 518+ on MCAT, and 650+ on COMLEX will tutor and guide you.
- Residency Consulting — Blueprint Prep’s tutoring specialists can give you valuable insights to help you get the residency you desire. They’ll ensure your CV is in order, edit your personal statement, and review ERAS during the consultation sessions. These experts will also create an overall strategy and prepare you for the interview.
- Rosh Review QBank — Shelf exams assess medical students’ ability to apply knowledge in practical situations. You need to be in MS3 clinical rotation to take these exams. Blueprint Prep and Rosh Review can help you nail these tests. You can choose one of the numerous bundles according to your medical specialty.
Blueprint LSAT prep course comes with the following books:
- LSAT Strategy Guide
- Blueprint to Becoming a Lawyer
- LSAT Logic Games
Future medical students get access to these review books:
- MCAT Reasoning: CARS and Science
- MCAT Biochemistry: Content Review
- MCAT Biology: Content Review
- MCAT Psychology and Sociology: Content Review
- MCAT Chemistry and Organic Chemistry: Content Review and Practice Passages
- MCAT Physics: Content Review
Besides the books, you’ll get a lot of interactive material with each course to break down even the most complex topics.
Ease of Use
According to numerous Blueprint LSAT reviews, you can easily access and watch the lessons. The company has a straightforward platform that guides users. It creates and adapts a study plan according to the student’s needs and schedule.
The algorithm extrapolates and analyzes data from your work to determine the optimal study patterns. It understands from the questions you got wrong why you made a mistake. Then it focuses on the areas you’re struggling with, providing a customized learning experience.
Plans & Pricing
Here are Blueprint Prep’s pricing plans for the courses:
- Self-Paced Courses
- Monthly Subscription — $299 per month
- 3-Month Plan — $799
- 6-Month Plan — $1,199
- 12-Month Plan — $1,599
- Live Courses
- 5-Month Plan — $1,499
- Tutoring — Core Packages
- Crash Course — $2,599
- Comprehensive — $3,699
- Intensive — $5,749
- Tutoring — Premium Packages
- Crash Course —$3,999
- Comprehensive — $5,999
- Intensive — $9,999
- Tutoring — Supplemental
- Single Section — $2,199
- Exam Overview —$3,799
- In-Depth Review — $5,249
- Hourly — $225 per hour, with a minimum of four hours
Blueprint Prep reviews show that you can choose among various plans:
- Live Online
- 6-Month Plan — $2,599
- 9-Month Plan — $3,199
- 12-Month Plan — $3,499
- Online Courses
- 6-Month Plan — $1,999
- 9-Month Plan — $2,399
- 12-Month Plan — $2,699
- Tutoring — Core Packages
- Essential Plan Core — $3,399
- Comprehensive Plan — $4,249
- Intensive Review— $6,249
- Tutoring — Premium Packages
- Essential Plan Premium — $4,399
- Comprehensive Plan Premium — $6,449
- Intensive Review Premium — $10,199
- Tutoring — Supplemental Packages
- Single Section — $2,649
- Exam Overview — $4,999
- In-Depth Review — $7,599
- 4 Practice Exams Bundle — $149
- 6 Practice Exams Bundle — $199
- 10 Practice Exams Bundle — $299
- 10 Practice Exams bundle + QBank — $399
Med School Courses
The research for our Blueprint Prep review showed that medical students could benefit from:
- Cram Fighter Study Planner
- Monthly Recurring Plan — $29 per month
- 6 Month of Access — $119
- 1 Year of Access — $149
- Med School Tutors — Contact customer support for a quote
- Shelf QBanks — Check Rosh Review for more information
- Residency Consulting — Flat hourly rate is $259. You can get from 2% to 5% discount depending on the number of purchased hours.
Keep in mind that you can always use a Blueprint Prep discount code to reduce the prices.
The company offers users flexible payment options. You choose a plan according to your needs and budget, and you can also pay in monthly installments. The only exceptions are monthly and hourly plans, which you pay based on usage. Blue Prep cooperates with Affirm.
Blueprint Prep’s refund policy varies based on the course. Generally, you’re eligible for a refund if you submit a request within five days from the purchase date.
The study material needs to be returned in mint condition within 30 days from purchase. You’ll also need to pay a $100 administrative fee. If you were forced to leave a class due to unruly behavior, you could not get a refund.
Blueprint Prep reviews show users who took tutoring classes adhere to different rules. You can ask for a refund within seven days from the day of purchase to get all your money back. Alternatively, you can submit a request within 30 days of finishing the last session.
As one of the best services of its kind, Blueprint has solid online scores. Test Prep Insight did a Blueprint Prep review of MCAT classes, giving it a 9.7 score. The LSAT course received similar results. Crush the LSAT rated the courses with an A grade.
According to former users, the lessons were much more challenging than the actual exams, which ensures you’ll be prepared. Furthermore, Blueprint’s LSAT classes got a 4.5 score on Yelp, and Trustpilot gave them 4.9.
The most frequently cited benefit of Blueprint Prep is its customized approach. Whether you’re doing online lessons or tutoring, you’ll address the most significant holes in your knowledge.
Blueprint Prep Pros and Cons
- Free preview
- High-quality, engaging videos
- Great analytics
- 4,000+ practice problems with explanations
- Study plan tool
- Mobile-friendly format
- Very expensive
- Video sync issues
Value for Money — Final Verdict
When it comes to The Princeton Review vs. Blueprint’s LSAT prep course, you’ll notice that the former offers more affordable prices. However, Blueprint’s results speak for themselves. Students improve their LSAT scores by 11 points and MCAT scores by 13 points on average.
While there are some cheaper solutions on the market, Bluprint provides high-quality, engaging lessons and a personalized approach to every student. It employs the best tutors in the field, so the courses are certainly a good investment.